COVID fatigue – we all have it to some degree. But with flu season approaching and kids going back to school, this is no time to let up.
We can fight COVID fatigue by reminding our students, employees, clients (and ourselves) to take basic precautions, just like we did at the beginning of this crisis.
Here are some reminders and resources that can help you do a “COVID-19 refresh.”
1. Social distancing:
- Use our Social Distancing Poster to cover the basics:
- It’s keeping a safe distance between yourself and people who don’t live with you.
- It applies whether you’re indoors or outdoors.
- It means wearing a mask or face covering.
- It involves staying six feet apart.
- Provide visuals of what six feet looks like:
- Social distancing also means staying home as much as possible – something a lot of us forget!
- Use our Handwashing Poster as a reminder to:
- Lather well.
- Wash long enough (20 seconds) to be effective.
- Rinse well under running water.
- Dry hands on clean towels or air dryers.
- Pick a new 20-second tune:
- Here’s a list of songs with a chorus at least 20 seconds long.
- Have more fun with Wash Your Lyrics. Put in your favorite song and get an infographic showing hand-washing steps with 20 seconds worth of lyrics to go along.
3. Face coverings/masks:
- Wear it correctly:
- It goes on your face, covering your nose and mouth.
- It doesn’t go around your neck or up on your forehead.
- Don’t touch the mask (if you do, wash your hands).
- Wash it: you need a clean mask every day!
- Show how to safely put a mask on, take it off, and other tips:
- Here’s a video from CDC that’s good for general audiences.
- This video from CDC is a bit more fun.
Of course, it can’t hurt to give people a refresher on the coronavirus in general, which is what our Coronavirus Poster does.
These friendly reminders can help slow the spread of the virus and keep us safe until a vaccine is developed (and everyone gets it).
Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD