When it comes to a healthy lifestyle, many people say, “I know what to do … I just don’t do it!”
We know we should fill half the plate with fruits and vegetables.
We know exercising is important.
We know water is healthier than sugary beverages.
When knowledge isn’t the issue, it’s time to look at things differently. It’s time to work on mind management!
How can you help your students or clients use mind management to achieve their nutrition, health, and fitness goals? You can start with the following messages, which are communicated through our motivational posters:
I Am motivational poster
- Forgiving a setback: When you overindulge or skip a workout, acknowledge it and move on. Beating yourself up makes it harder to get back on track.
- Not giving up: When you get discouraged, think about what’s going well for you. You may not be losing weight, but do you have more energy or feel more comfortable in your clothes?
- Planning and working to success: Even if you know what to do, you need a plan and you need to keep working on it. A healthy lifestyle is a life-long process.
Mindful Eating poster
- Why am I eating? Ask yourself this question when you reach for food or beverages. Take time to figure out if you’re truly hungry.
- Enjoy the experience: Don’t rush through meals and snacks. Savor every bite. Slow down, put your food on a plate, sit down.
Keep a Healthy Mindset poster
- I can do it: Positive, compassionate self-talk is key to mind management.
- Never quit: Nobody is perfect; giving up is not an option.
By Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.