What does nutrition and health education look like in the COVID-19 era? People want to know how to …
- Stay healthy, boost their immune system, and reduce their chance of catching the virus.
- Prevent or manage chronic diseases, like diabetes, that can lead to serious COVID-19 complications.
- Save money at the supermarket and cook healthy meals at home.
We have a collection of COVID-19 Era Nutrition Education materials to help you teach these topics. But what about social distancing and people who want to learn in a no-contact setting? The PowerPoint shows in our COVID-19 collection make it easy to offer engaging online workshops that meet your clients’ needs.
Here’s one example of how you could use our shows:
Saving money at the supermarket is a hot topic right now. You could offer a two-part online series that appeals to the broad audience of folks who, pre-COVID, were in the habit of eating out a lot.
Start out by dispelling the myth that healthy food is expensive – our Healthy Eating on a Budget PowerPoint presentation proves it. Your clients will learn:
- Cost per ounce and nutrition facts for choices from each MyPlate food group.
- How to plan meals, build a shopping list, and limit food waste.
- Budget-friendly ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
- Lots of other money-saving tips.
Since saving money means cooking at home more, the second part of your online series should be our 25 Ingredients Into 15 Fast Healthy Meals PowerPoint show. With real photos of real food, your audience will learn to prepare a week’s worth of low-fat, high-fiber meals. We even provide tips on how to use our recipes for your own cooking demo in case you want to add that to your online workshop.
If this idea for a two-part workshop series doesn’t work for you, just change it up. Maybe split the information into 15-minute sessions. And all of our PowerPoint shows come with downloadable handouts that you can send to clients as a follow-up to what they’ve learned.
If you are planning in-person classes or events, check out our new custom printed face masks!
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.