It seems like everyone in America is taking or planning a vacation – or at the very least, talking about how much they want to get away!
Whether it’s a road trip or a cross-country flight, vacations tend to interfere with healthy eating and exercise habits.
Our Vacation Light materials are just what you need to help people keep their vacations as healthy as possible. In a light-hearted way, they show the difference between an Eat a Lot/Sleep a Lot vacation and an Eat Smart/Exercise Your Heart vacation.
Here’s a 3-step plan to teach students, clients, or employees about taking a healthy vacation:
- Create a bulletin board display using our Vacation Light poster.
- Plan a series of social media posts with Eat Smart/Exercise Your Heart vacation tips.
- Use these posts to promote step 3.
- Ask your followers to leave a comment about how they keep their vacations healthy.
- Teach a webinar using our Vacation Light PowerPoint show.
- Have attendees set one goal for their vacation (eat a healthy breakfast daily, track my steps, snack on raw veggies, etc).
- Invite attendees to report back when they return from vacation.
By Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.