Get your clients or students interested in healthy fruits and vegetables with our new Vegetable Masks and Fruit Masks. These masks, and our combo Fruit and Vegetable Masks, are a fun way to encourage people of all ages to fill half of their plate with fruits and veggies!
Here are some ideas for using these unique eye masks with various age groups and settings:
- Classroom parties: Celebrate holidays in the classroom by asking parents to send in healthy fruits and veggies. Use the fruit or vegetable masks as party favors, or let students wear the masks during the party.
- Healthy birthday reward: Encourage students to bring a fruit or veggie snack for their birthday, instead of cookies or cupcakes. When they do, use the fruit or vegetable mask as a reward or birthday crown.
- MyPlate teaching aid: Students break into groups according to which mask they get – fruit, veggie, or both. Within each group, students (alone or in pairs) are assigned to research a fruit or vegetable that appears on their mask.
- Name that fruit or vegetable: Break into groups as described above. Each group must correctly identify every fruit or vegetable on their mask. The group that does this fastest wins a prize.
- Fruit and veggie ice breaker: Use the masks to start meetings and group classes on a fun note!
By Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD
COVID fatigue – we all have it to some degree. But with flu season approaching and kids going back to school, this is no time to let up.
We can fight COVID fatigue by reminding our students, employees, clients (and ourselves) to take basic precautions, just like we did at the beginning of this crisis.
Here are some reminders and resources that can help you do a “COVID-19 refresh.”
1. Social distancing:
- Use our Social Distancing Poster to cover the basics:
- It’s keeping a safe distance between yourself and people who don’t live with you.
- It applies whether you’re indoors or outdoors.
- It means wearing a mask or face covering.
- It involves staying six feet apart.
- Provide visuals of what six feet looks like:
- Check out this fun video that gets the message across.
- CNN has some good visuals for six feet, like the width of a sedan, two golden retrievers, a three-person sofa, or the length of a twin mattress.
- Here are a few more, like an adult bike or a yoga mat.
- Social distancing also means staying home as much as possible – something a lot of us forget!
- Use our Handwashing Poster as a reminder to:
- Lather well.
- Wash long enough (20 seconds) to be effective.
- Rinse well under running water.
- Dry hands on clean towels or air dryers.
- Pick a new 20-second tune:
- Here’s a list of songs with a chorus at least 20 seconds long.
- Have more fun with Wash Your Lyrics. Put in your favorite song and get an infographic showing hand-washing steps with 20 seconds worth of lyrics to go along.
3. Face coverings/masks:
- Wear it correctly:
- It goes on your face, covering your nose and mouth.
- It doesn’t go around your neck or up on your forehead.
- Don’t touch the mask (if you do, wash your hands).
- Wash it: you need a clean mask every day!
- Show how to safely put a mask on, take it off, and other tips:
Of course, it can’t hurt to give people a refresher on the coronavirus in general, which is what our Coronavirus Poster does.
These friendly reminders can help slow the spread of the virus and keep us safe until a vaccine is developed (and everyone gets it).
Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD