Back in January, we talked about setting a word for the year in lieu of new year’s resolutions. So much has happened since then – those words (and any resolutions) have probably been forgotten.
That’s ok, because September is much like the new year. Even if you don’t have children, there’s something about back-to-school time that feels like a fresh start.
Don’t miss this opportunity to engage your clients and students in choosing a new word or theme for the rest of the 2020. Be sure to set the right tone for the time we’re living in now:
- Don’t dwell on what you have or haven’t done during the pandemic – this is your chance for a do-over!
- Be realistic about what the rest of the year might bring, and how it may affect your goals.
- Focus on positive affirmations, like the ones on our I Am motivational poster. These gentle reminders can get you back on track to a life of health and well-being:
- Self-care: get enough sleep, forgive yourself for setbacks.
- Diet: eat mindfully when you’re hungry, love fruits & veggies.
- Physical activity: move more, be consistent.
- Attitude: don’t give up!
- Intention: make a plan and work toward success.
- Now is the time for your 2020 re-start! Like our Change It Up theme says:
- Eat healthier food + Be more active = You will feel transformed!
Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD