Instead of New Year’s resolutions, choose a word for 2020. This word or phrase becomes your theme for the year. It guides you through making decisions, facing challenges, and just living your day to day life. (For a good overview of the word of the year concept, check out OneWord365.com.)
Why not have your clients or students come up with their own health and wellness word for the year? Help them decide what they want to focus on, then come up with a word or phrase that will remind them of this intention. Here are some ideas:
- Ten: One of the best words – or numbers – for people trying to lose weight is ten, because a 10% weight loss brings big health benefits. If losing 10 percent is overwhelming, choose ‘five’ as your word. Resources:
- For your classes: Just Lose 10% PowerPoint show.
- For your office, classroom, hallway, or cafeteria: 10% poster.
- Cook: Home-cooked meals are usually healthier than restaurant meals, but lots of people are in the drive-thru or delivery habit. Another phrase for this could be ‘eat at home.’ Resources:
- For your classes: Learn to Cook Workbook for kids and adults or 25 Ingredients into 15 Fast Healthy Meals PowerPoint show.
- For your office, classroom, hallway, or cafeteria: Guide to Slicing, Chopping, and Perfectly Cooked Vegetables poster.
- Plants: A plant-based diet is one of our hot topics for 2020, and for good reason. Keep your clients focused on choosing more fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes. Resources:
- For your office, classroom, hallway, or cafeteria: Plant Slant poster.
- For giveaways: Real Food Grows bookmarks.
- Water: Choosing water as the word for the year can help your clients kick the soda habit. It can also help their wallets! Resources:
- For giveaways: Water wristbands, bookmarks, or stickers.
- For your office, classroom, hallway, or cafeteria: Drink Water poster.
- Whole: This word encompasses a lot when it comes to nutrition. It can remind clients to eat more whole grains, whole fruits (instead of juice), and whole, non-processed foods. Resources:
- For your bulletin board: Whole Grain bulletin board kit.
- For your office, classroom hallway, or cafeteria: Grown Not Processed poster.
- For giveaways: MyPlate Fruit Stickers.
Your word for the year won’t work if you don’t think about it every day. So have your clients put it everywhere!
- Use sticky notes to post the word throughout your house, office, and car.
- Cut out the word from magazines and make a collage.
- Use your word as a screen saver.
- Set it up so that your word comes to you in an email or reminder once a day.
- Put index cards with your word on them in your purse, wallet, desk drawer — anywhere you’ll see it frequently.
What’s YOUR word for 2020? Let us know!
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.
Connect with us on Google Plus