Are you looking for a hot topic for your next class, workshop, or client consultation? Or for Nutrition Month (R)?
As much as people want a magic bullet for their health, teachers want a magic topic that will engage, educate, and motivate their audience. Here we have assembled all of the best and hottest topics for our clients for 2019. With nutrition there is always plenty of lessons to help people learn anything from the basics, to skipping fads, to shopping and preparing meals with ease, or to making better choices when dining out! The 2019 Nutrition Month theme is now all about reviewing the benefits of nutrition.
The hottest topics listed here are chosen from our expert writers’ recommendations, research in the news, views from our blog posts, many telephone and email inquiries with customers and readers, Amazon bestseller book lists, and over 100 food, health, and nutrition professional blogs that we follow.
Here is the best hot topic list that you can use to find our matching resources and to plan your own presentations and classes.
- Kitchen How-To Cooking Demos for Seasonal Items – this is always our most popular topic and the how-to section in Amazon Cookbooks reflects that people want science, everyday cooking, more science, family recipes, and “low-calorie, high-flavor taste”
- Benefits of Family Meals and using MyPlate plates to help kids eat more fruits and veggies
- Plant Based Diet Basics: Focus on a plant slant! How to Plan Meals, New Foods, Benefits
- Ethnic Food Discoveries: Asian is HOT! Vietnamese, Indian, Afghanistan, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, and more! We see more ethnic foods in all grocery stores and the National Restaurant Association reports that global is the hottest and most consistent trend to date.
- Sugar: How to Find It, How to Consume Less
- Meal Planning Skill Building: Go interactive with your audience!
- Tests and Quizzes: What Do We Know? What Did We Learn? Quizzes, puzzles, and tests are consistently popular.
- Dietary Guidelines: The Dietary Guidelines are chocked full of information; review the current guidelines while waiting for the 2020 update. All of our posts regarding the guidelines are always very popular.
- Fiber and Nutrient Density: a great combo lesson and way for consumers to understand nutrient quality plus fiber and gut health are always popular. One dietitian author of F-Factor has had great success using fiber education to help people lose weight.
- Weight Loss – a recent CDC survey found that half of all adults over the age of 20 have tried to lose weight over the past year and two thirds of all adults in the US are still overweight or obese. Check out our 12 Lessons Program!
- Self Control – for better habits and weight loss success – October 2018 study and there are numerous studies on sleep and weight control
- How Do We Define Healthy Food? Real Food! Comfort Food! This is according to one foodservice director and health educator making a difference in K-12 cafeterias. It is a more positive term and strategy for kids than health food or whole food. More examples of positive terms along these lines are real foods, slow foods, and local foods.
All of these and more are in the new theme finder!
Check out the new products:
Plant Slant Vinyl Health Fair Banner 24" x 62" On Stand
Add to Cart
Or the engaging tools for Nutrition Month: