The holidays can be a stressful season of overindulging and overspending. Or they can be an enjoyable time filled with fun, family, and friends.
The difference might just be a healthy mindset.
Our Healthy Mindset poster reminds your students, employees, or clients to focus on the everyday simple habits that add up to a healthier life.
During the holiday season, you can help them tailor their healthy mindsets to account for the challenges they’ll face.
Here’s what a healthy holiday mindset might look like:
- Drink Water: Make it your policy at holiday parties to ask for water with a twist of lemon or lime.
- Sugar Be Scarce: Make a plan and stick to it. When will you indulge in a treat? How much will you have?
- I Can Do It: Make this your mantra throughout the season. If staying healthy over the holidays is your priority, say it out loud every day.
- Make a Healthy Plate: Keep MyPlate in mind whenever you eat. Fill your plate or bowl accordingly, with lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Sleep Enough: Sticking to your sleep schedule will help you keep your healthy holiday mindset!
- Never Quit: If you overindulge (it happens!), get back on track right away.
- Try New Foods: Balance out special holiday foods with some things you wouldn’t normally choose, like extra salad, more vegetables, or fruit for dessert.
- Move More: Fit exercise in wherever you can. Take an extra lap around the mall, walk after dinner, do crunches during TV commercials.
By Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD
PDF Handout: Healthy Holiday Mindset
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.