With spring just around the corner, more fruits and vegetables will soon be in season. Plan now to get your clients or students engaged and excited about eating more fresh produce with our Fruit and Vegetable Challenge Kit.
The Fruit and Vegetable Challenge Kit includes everything you need to run a friendly competition. There are five weekly themes, buying and preparation tips, recipes, health benefits, and beautiful color photos of fresh fruits and veggies.
Here are some ideas for using the Challenge Kit with different audiences:
- In the classroom, students can:
- Complete the weekly fruit and vegetable theme challenges.
- Check and compare fresh produce prices online.
- Research what fruits and veggies are in season where they live.
- Create social media posts that promote a fruit or vegetable.
- In the workplace, employees can:
- Sign up for the fruit and vegetable challenge.
- Compete within or between departments.
- Learn about local community-supported agriculture (CSAs) and farmers’ markets.
- Vote for the fruit or vegetable of the week.
- In individual nutrition counseling, clients can:
- Choose a fruit and vegetable challenge to complete.
- Chart their own progress at home.
- Try new recipes featuring seasonal fruits and veggies.
- Choose a fruit or vegetable color photo to use as a screensaver.
- In virtual group classes, participants can:
- Meet online weekly for a 5-week fruit and vegetable challenge series.
- Compete in groups or individually.
- Cook/prepare along with the instructor in virtual food prep demos.
- Share progress and questions in a group text chat or Facebook group.
Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.