It’s February … time to ask your clients how those new year’s resolutions are going. If they’re like most of us, it’s probably not good. This is the perfect time to introduce them to the Healthy Bucket List!
People love bucket lists. Our new Healthy Bucket List poster introduces 12 small goals that can add up to big changes over time. Things like learning to read a food label, making a salad, drinking water, and eating a healthy breakfast.
Our Healthy Bucket List goals align with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate, so you know they’re based on sound nutrition advice for a healthy lifestyle.
Here are six simple ways to use the Healthy Bucket List in classes, individual counseling sessions, health fairs, and more:
- #HealthyBucketList Challenge: Start a social media challenge by asking friends and followers to complete one of our Healthy Bucket List goals every week or month and post updates about their progress using #HealthyBucketList or another tag you come up with.
- Family Bucket List & Chat: Get the family together and come up with a family healthy bucket list. Set up a family group chat to remind each other of your goals and to share pictures when you accomplish a bucket list item. You could also do this with co-workers or groups of two or more friends.
- Take-Home Bucket List: For young children, talk to them about healthy foods. Then give each student a paper with a drawing of a bucket (see below for ‘how to draw a bucket’ links, or use clipart). Have the kids draw pictures of the healthy foods they want to eat at home. Now they have a cute bucket list to take home to show their family.
- Bucket List Display: Use the Healthy Bucket List poster at a health fair. Ask people to look over the list and tell you which goals they’ve already achieved (maybe give out a sticker for each one). Then have them choose a goal or two to work on, and talk about how they can get started.
- DIY Healthy Bucket List: Hold a class to help people make their own Healthy Bucket List. You could do a traditional class or get social and do it via Facebook Live. (Never done Facebook Live? Put it on YOUR bucket list!)
- Healthy Bucket List Series: Hold a series of classes focusing on our Healthy Bucket List goals. Or integrate the bucket list concept into classes and counseling that you’re already doing.