When it’s hot and humid, it’s time to remind people to drink plenty of water. Our Choose Water bookmarks and wristbands are perfect for this! Put them in a basket on your desk so whoever comes by can take the message home with them.
Here are a few more fun ways to nudge people towards water:
Around the water cooler
- Put some of our Choose Water wristbands or bookmarks nearby.
- Set out a bowl of lemon and lime slices for people to add to their water.
- Write some of our water facts (below) on sticky notes and put one or two up every day for a week.
In the break room
- Write “free – drink me!” on brightly colored paper and rubber-band it around an unopened bottle of water. Put a few of these in the break room refrigerator.
- Be sneaky – write some of our water facts (below) on sticky notes and put them on the soda machine or near the coffee pot.
- Serve an afternoon break with fresh fruit and water.
And here are some water facts to get you started:
- Why do I need to drink water?
- Water regulates your body temperature.
- Water lubricates and cushions your joints.
- Water protects your spinal cord and other sensitive tissues.
- Water aids in digestion and getting waste out of your body.
- When do I need to drink more water?
- When it’s hot and humid.
- Anytime you’re physically active.
- When you have a fever.
- When you’re sick with diarrhea or vomiting.
- General success tips:
- Drink a cup of water every morning, before coffee or tea.
- Never pass a water fountain without stopping to take a drink.
- Carry a water bottle with you every day.
- Order water at restaurants instead of soda.
- Flavor it up – add slices of lemon or lime, and other fruit.
- When you reach for a diet soda, have a cup of water first.