Here are three banners that are custom-designed for Lisa Durand, a foodservice manager who works for Thompson Public Schools. She wanted to make sure all of her students know that breakfast is free by installing very colorful banners in her cafeteria. We gave her three choices because she has 3 grades: elementary, middle, and high school ages. She chose all three so one of each will be going into her schools shortly. The oranges are from a photo we made in our studio using 9 different oranges from a farmer who was selling direct to consumers in a farmer’s market here in California. The dancing people filled plant foods. And the running figure is filled with fruits and veggies.
Students are reminded to “fuel up to play 60” so they eat well and get physical activity for 60 minutes a day!
We love custom projects! Let us know if you need one!
It is here! The 2018 spring and summer catalog from the Nutrition Education Store is being mailed to all existing customers now. But you don’t have to wait for the mailman, you can download your copy here.
Features of the 2018 Spring and Summer Nutrition Education Store Catalog:
- Over 50 new products with timely and hot topics like fiber, microbiome, losing 10% of weight for big health benefits, and the math of movement.
- There are also beautiful posters of fruits and vegetables that are locally produced. Local foods are a rising trend and worth over $8 billion a year.
- PLUS there is a downloadable handout in the digital catalog!
- And there is a coupon code for 10% off and free standard shipping (48 states).
Topics are selected based on the research from peer-reviewed journals, customer requests, health professional advisors, the USDA MyPlate news, the Dietary Guidelines and from the newsletters produced on our sister site, foodandhealth.com who publishes a monthly newsletter and white label nutrition newsletter for health professionals each month. Foodandhealth.com features the work of dietitian writers who provide research updates and practical insights each month from working with their clients. This think tank is an essential resource for the Nutrition Education Store because it is always up to date on all peer-reviewed research, new recommendations from public health authorities, and feedback from the author’s clients.
Here are a few notes from our product development team:
- This year we are seeing a lot of research on the microbiome which makes fiber a hot and fun topic. We created a poster called gut health and then made another one that is an infographic called the Math of Fiber.
- We had one doctor comment on the new American Heart Guidelines to say he is having success with recommending a constant 10% weight loss for his obese patients and there is new research that shows the health benefits (journal citation is on the poster) for losing just 10 percent of your body weight
- There is new research which shows that standing and reducing sitting is just as important for getting enough exercise and can add quality years to your life.
- Finally we have reported that local foods from local farms is gaining popularity and we are featuring a lot of materials that show their beauty. Food, especially fresh produce in season, is the art subject on our posters. One person exclaimed that the peaches remind him of his youth when he would pick and eat juicy ones from a family tree.
And we have a whole selection of MyPlate plates, too. PLUS there are tons of new wall and floor decals. And prizes.
In a hurry? Contact us and we will help you find what you need or prepare a quote.
OH and our famous Nutrition Education Store catalog also features a free handout, MyFood Diary so you can help people log their daily food intake and get to a more healthful eating pattern.
To see all of the new products from the catalog now, click New at the top of our site.