Get the school year off to a healthy start with the Healthy Habit Wheel!
The Healthy Habit Wheel poster features four healthy habits for each category: Healthy Lifestyle, Healthy Food & Drink, and Exercise. While the poster is geared to students, the habits apply to adults as well.
Here are some teaching tips to go along with the Healthy Habit Wheel:
- The 12 habits make perfect SMART goals. Let students decide how they will track their habits over the course of a week, a month, or a semester.
- The wheel concept reflects the idea that you’re never done with making healthy choices. The wheel keeps on turning!
- You don’t need to tackle all 12 habits at once. In fact, that would be quite overwhelming! Students can master a habit and move to another one.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Everyone has habits that come easy to them, and everyone has habits they need to work on.
- Personalize your Healthy Habit Wheel with other goals that are important to you.
Keep the Healthy Habit Wheel rolling in the right direction, culminating in good health for a lifetime!
Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD