Do you provide Spanish language nutrition education materials for your students or clients?
According to Forbes:
- 13% of the U.S. population speaks Spanish at home;
- Spanish is the most common non-English language spoken in our country;
- The U.S. has the second largest population of Spanish speakers in the world.
That’s why you’ll find a variety of Spanish language materials at the NutritionEducationStore.com, including:
- Presupuesto MiPlato (MyPlate on a Budget handout tearpad). Family food budgets are tight for everyone these days. Enhance your teaching with:
- MiPlato poster (includes a free copy-ready handout)
- MiPlato window cling
- MiPlato wristbands
- Diabetes 101 PowerPoint show and handout set in Spanish and English. Hispanic or Latino people in the U.S. are more likely to develop prediabetes and diabetes.
You’ll also find some great MyPlate in Spanish materials at MyPlate.gov. Your students or clients can take the MiPlato Quiz, get a personalized MiPlato Plan, and visit MiPlato Kitchen for recipes.
By Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD