Spring is in the air!
Farmers markets are opening back up. We’re moving on from hearty soups and stews and looking forward to light, fresh salads and grilled vegetables.
Now is the time to plan some education and engagement to get your clients, students, or employees excited about the new bounty of healthy produce that will be sprouting up over the next few months.
Here are three ideas to get you started …
- Real Food Grows:
- Real, unprocessed food is especially easy to find this time of year at farmers markets, roadside stands, and your supermarket.
- Add some recipes to our beautiful Real Food Grows poster for a display they won’t be able to pass up.
- Offer a Real Food Grows sticker to anyone who shares a tip on their favorite place to buy fresh produce.
- Farm to Table:
- Use social media posts or your newsletter to point clients toward the nearest farmer’s market and show them how to find out what’s in season (here’s a handy online guide by state).
- Encourage clients to take a picture of their favorite farmer’s market or farm stand, or a healthy dish they make with locally-grown produce. Choose random winners to receive a Farm to Table notepad or wristband.
- Fruit & Veggie Fun:
- Play our Name That Fruit and Veggie PowerPoint game with your group or class.
- Turn the game’s content into social media posts for spring and summer.
Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.