The Tokyo Olympic games begin later this month. Why not bring the Olympic spirit to your workplace, classes, or individual counseling sessions?
The five Olympic Rings fit nicely with MyPlate’s five food groups. Here are some ways to turn your nutrition education into the MyPlate Olympics:
- Discuss MyPlate and the five food groups, one for each Olympic Ring.
- Have participants choose one ring/food group they need to work on. Maybe their plate doesn’t have enough veggies or perhaps they skip dairy frequently, for example.
- Or challenge everyone to come up with five meals or snacks that are convenient, easy to make, and follow MyPlate guidelines.
- Give an Olympic twist to our MyPlate Trivia Game or MyPlate Bingo Game. See who can earn a gold, silver, or bronze medal with their MyPlate knowledge.
- Decorate your office, waiting area, or hallway with our MyPlate Bulletin Board Kit. Print out a graphic of the Olympic Rings or other Olympic symbols to go with it.
- Add a spot where people can answer a question, such as ‘what’s your favorite Olympic sport?’
- Or highlight local athletes who will be competing in the Tokyo games.
- Make an Olympic Rings fruit and/or veggie tray. Here’s one example, and there are many more if you search on Pinterest. Challenge your clients or employees to post pictures of their creations on social media.
15% off all products use code HOTSUMMER21
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.
Connect with us on Google Plus
Subscribe to our weekly editor's list
Subscribe to our weekly editor's list for free food and nutrition news, free handouts, free clipart and much more. We never share our emailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time.