Despite the popularity of cooking shows and celebrity chefs, many people don’t know how to cook. But cooking is an important skill, one that can help your students or clients eat healthier for the rest of their lives. Read on for our three steps to getting people cooking in 2020!
Step 1: Let your audience know how learning to cook can benefit them. People are motivated by different things, so find out what’s important to them:
- Cooking at home is healthier than eating out or relying on convenience foods.
- Cooking at home saves money.
- Cooking is something you can do with your friends and family.
- Cooking skills are a gift you can pass on to younger generations (or if their parents don’t know how to cook, the kids might teach them something!).
- Cooking lets you take control of what you eat, which can help if you have a chronic disease like diabetes.
Step 2: A little bit of cooking knowledge goes a long way. This is important to you, the teacher, as well as your audience. You need to know that even offering one-time classes on things like knife skills, basic recipes, and cooking methods can be helpful. They need to know that being a good cook isn’t what they see on TV.
- A class on basic knife skills will make prepping vegetables for healthy salads and recipes quick and easy, not a chore.
- Learning a few basic recipes will increase your confidence in the kitchen and give you a few healthy meals to build on.
- When you learn about different cooking methods, you can use that knowledge even without a recipe.
Step 3: Get our Home Run Cooking Book and Cooking Demo program. It has everything you need to do food demonstrations that will get your clients cooking.
- Every recipe in the cookbook has been crowd-tested, is easy to make (even for the beginner), and uses inexpensive, easy-to-find ingredients. And when you purchase our program, it’s easy to download and make copies of recipes to hand out!
- There’s something for every audience. You can focus on recipes for a specific meal or start from the beginning by teaching them how to set up a kitchen, stock a pantry, and use a knife.
- You’ll have health lessons to go along with each demo recipe, so your audience will learn why what they are learning is important.
Food Safety Temperatures Poster
Add to Cart
Handy Kitchen Measurements Math Poster
Add to Cart
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.
Connect with us on Google Plus