New Year’s Eve is only 2 weeks away! Are your clients ready to jump-start their health goals?
To help your clients set achievable goals that they are excited to pursue, consider this advice, excerpted from the Communicating Food for Health member newsletter…
What kind of goals are you setting?
Don’t jump the gun and ask too much of yourself. If you do this, you’ll be starting down an unsustainable and unhealthful path. Make sure the unsustainable goals below aren’t on YOUR list…
- Exercising every day.
- Never go out to eat.
- No snacking or desserts.
- A strict diet that eliminates macronutrients or whole food groups.
- Skipping breakfast or lunch daily.
Choose realistic goals instead! Here are some examples…
Realistic goals can be challenging, but should be achievable. Look for ways to improve your lifestyle, diet, and activities. Not all at once, mind you. Start slowly and keep steady. How? Try one of these…
- Losing 1-2 pounds per month.
- Exercising for 5-6 days per week.
- Try new-to-you healthful foods.
- Find satisfying, low-calorie snacks.
- Follow MyPlate’s advice and enjoy your food, but eat less of it.
Need a reminder? Here is the 2015 Goal Guide — free! Distribute it however you see fit.
There are more motivation and goal resources in the Nutrition Education Store. Make sure you’re ready for 2015!
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.