The holiday season’s bright colors fade away in January when the reality of winter sets in. Plan now to cheer up those cold, dreary days with our beautiful Focus on Fruit poster.
Focusing on fruit means adding color, flavor, fiber, nutrients, and a little sweetness to meals and snacks. Here are some ideas to help your students or clients Focus on Fruit — use them for social media, classes, or individual counseling:
- Peel something new … try different citrus fruits every week. Introduce your family to tangerines, blood oranges, kumquats (don’t peel them!), cara cara oranges, and satsumas.
- Bake up some comfort … make warm, healthy desserts like baked apples or pears with cinnamon.
- Keep cans on hand … create winter fruit salads using canned fruit like peaches, pears, and mandarin oranges.
- Toss in some color … experiment with adding frozen berries to your oatmeal – what’s your favorite combination?
- Say aloha to smoothies … bring the tropics into your kitchen by making fruit smoothies with frozen papaya, mango, or pineapple.
Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.
Connect with us on Google Plus
Subscribe to our weekly editor's list
Subscribe to our weekly editor's list for free food and nutrition news, free handouts, free clipart and much more. We never share our emailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time.