If you’re looking for a reward chart, habit tracker, and list of achievable health goals all in one, then you’ll appreciate our Reward Chart!
The Reward Chart lists simple goals based on MyPlate that include physical activity, healthy beverages, food choices, and other healthy habits.
Here are some ways to use the Reward Chart poster and tearpad:
- Display the poster in your office or classroom with a dry-erase marker nearby. Let clients or students check off something they did that day or that week.
- Brainstorm non-food rewards your students or clients can use as incentives to achieve a certain number of goals per week.
- Discuss strategies to achieve the goals on the chart. How can your students or clients make it easier for themselves to make that healthy choice?
- Review the goals listed for each category and ask how many people in the class or audience already do that habit regularly. Invite them to share how they have been successful.
- Emphasize that your students or clients don’t have to achieve every single goal that is listed! Choosing one or two goals makes it easier to focus and feel a sense of accomplishment.
Even if you don’t use the Reward Chart as a habit tracker, it’s a great resource for healthy living and MyPlate tips!
By Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.