Your clients are busy. They hear conflicting nutrition advice every day. When it’s time to shop for food, they’re overwhelmed by thousands of choices at the supermarket. But we know healthy eating doesn’t have to be so complicated. That’s why we’re excited about the new MyPlate campaign and theme coming in 2020 with the new Dietary Guidelines – Start Simple with MyPlate.
Keeping things simple is what we had in mind when we created our new Two Tools poster. Healthy eating is simple when you use the Dynamic Duo of MyPlate and the Nutrition Facts label.
Here are five lessons taught by the Two Tools: MyPlate and Nutrition Facts Label poster:
- Use MyPlate as a guide when shopping for food and you’ll take home the building blocks for healthy meals.
- You know you’re on the right track when half of your shopping cart is filled with fruits and vegetables and half is filled with whole grains and lean protein. And don’t forget some low-fat dairy!
- Beware of misleading claims on the front of food packages.
- Check the Nutrition Facts label for the information you need to make the healthy choice. Look at calories, portion size, saturated fat, sodium, added sugars, and fiber.
- With MyPlate and the Nutrition Facts label, it’s simple to build a more balanced eating pattern that will promote good health.