Planning a family meal together can be a great experience for kids and parents alike. You can turn an everyday dinner into a dinner party with just a few simple steps…
Plan your menu.
- Check out cookbooks, websites, and family recipes for inspiration.
- Remember to balance the plates appropriately and include lots of fruits and vegetables.
Make lists of everything you need.
- Ingredients that you need to locate (ie pantry staples that are probably somewhere in your house, like pasta, rice, and spices).
- Ingredients that you need to buy.
- Equipment that you need to have at the ready.
Go shopping for the ingredients and equipment that you need.
On the Day of Your Party…
- Prep everything (that you can) ahead of time — pre-chop, even pre-measure if possible.
- Cook the food.
- Serve it to your guests.
Elements of Stylish Gatherings
If you want to have a remarkable meal together, a few simple changes can really make a differenec.
• Set the table with…
- All the silverware that you would need to eat all of the dishes.
- Nice glasses for water.
- Napkins — decide whether you need cloth or paper options.
• Consider adding…
- A nice centerpiece — try flowers, candles, or an arrangement of glasses.
- A tablecloth.
- A runner over the tablecloth.
Basic Dinner Party Building Blocks
Number of Guests
- A dinner party typically involves 6 to 8 people, but make exceptions as you see fit.
- A simple dinner party may limit itself to salad or soup, a main course, and dessert.
- You could also include amuse-bouches, appetizers, or even palate cleansers.
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.
Connect with us on Google Plus
Subscribe to our weekly editor's list
Subscribe to our weekly editor's list for free food and nutrition news, free handouts, free clipart and much more. We never share our emailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time.