Answer the questions below to assess your knowledge of heart health.
1. What is the healthy range for blood pressure?
a. 119/79 or Less
b. 120/80 – 139/89
c. 140/90 or More
2. Fill in the Blank: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), high blood pressure plays a role in roughly __________ deaths per day.
3. Which type of cholesterol clings to artery walls and builds up in plaque deposits?
a. LDL Cholesterol
b. HDL Cholesterol
c. AHA Cholesterol
d. AKA Cholesterol
4. How much moderate daily exercise does it take to lower your “bad cholesterol” while raising your “good cholesterol?”
a. 15 minutes
b. 30 minutes
c. 60 minutes
d. 90 minutes
5. Which of the following is NOT a part of the DASH diet?
c. Whole Milk
6. DASH Stands for
a. Dietary Approaches to Stop Heart Disease
b. Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension
c. Dietary Approaches to Speed the Heart
d. Dietary Approaches to Strengthen the Heart
7. Fill in the Blank: The Dietary Guidelines for Americans insist that, in order to lose weight and sustain weight loss, people need to exercise for __________ minutes per day on most days of the week.
8. Fill in the Blank: Most people need __________ cups of fruits and vegetables per day.
9. True or False? A 12-ounce can of soda contains 11 teaspoons of sugar.
Source: National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, American Heart Association
New Products Available Now
Check out the Nutrition Nuggets page which features over 20% off three special products each week.